Saturday Surfing: August 12th, 2017
Rise and shine, pal o’ mine! Good morning! 🙂 We just got back home to Novato after spending the night at my parents’ house in the East Bay. It had been forever since El Hub and I went out on a Friday night, and we were both like, look…we can’t spend another Friday night sitting on the couch watching Shark Tank.
STOP THE INSANITY!
So, we packed up and drove out to Union City. Connor had a playdate with her grandparents while El Hub and I went to see War for the Planet of the Apes, which I liked, but it was emotional and intense. It’s not just about a bunch of monkeys running around in the woods.
Popcorn for everyone!
Now I’ve got errands to run and regular Saturday stuff to do… I hope you’re having a good weekend so far, and I hope that somebody made you pancakes, because pancakes are always better when you don’t have to make them. 🙂
BTW, here are a few things for your morning reading list…
- If you’re a fan of COOLA sunscreen, my friend Jane has a 20% off code on COOLA products.
- Speaking of sales, cult faves like Sunday Riley Good Genes and Drunk Elephant C-Firma are 25% off at Dermstore.
- Things about the beauty industry that make you go hmm… Why do men hold the majority of leadership roles in an industry that that depends so heavily on women?
- Two new vaccines might be able to prevent skin cancer.
- Why salicylic acid is the best acid for your skin.
- How can we get more girls interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)?
- YES! Misty Copeland — I love her! — is the new face of Estée Lauder’s Modern Muse perfume.
- Sephora versus Ulta — the battle between beauty’s biggest brands is getting increasingly high-tech.
- This LE packaging for the fall collection isn’t what I’d typically associate with Lancôme, but I like it!
- Look at all the 💖💗💕 hearts! The Burberry First Love Collection is adorable.
- Stop wearing so many hats, and watch your productivity soar.
- Should you have $14.92 million to spare, consider this Frank Lloyd Wright-Designed home on a private island. Oh, and if/when you move in, don’t forget to invite me over for dinner. 🙂
- How to go makeup-free this summer
- 5 little makeup tips that make a difference
- Ooh, I want to try this! An up-and-coming cruelty-free brand named A.P.D.G. is getting major attention for its Longwear Liquid Foundation + Concealer ($18), which comes in 33 different hues, including 16 just for darker skin tones.
You have a great weekend, OK? Take some time to tend to your nails, too. Those paws/claws need some sweet, sweet lovin’ sometimes, ya know?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I don’t have a legit time machine, but these old MBB posts make me a little nostalgic. Time flies when you’re having fun! 🙂
1 year ago today on MBB: A Beauty Improv Tip to Eek Out the Last Few Drops From Your Favorite Skin Care Bottles
4 years ago: Accessorize Me! Today’s Purse and Shoes, Unsung Makeup Heroes: The Hourglass Visionnaire Duo in Prism, What’s Nude and Covered Up at the Same Time? Your Lips When Wearing These New Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylos
6 years ago: LORAC Pop Star, Full Coverage from Two Coats of Nails Inc. Polish, The LORAC Naked Lace Collection Kit Wants You To Misbehave, Revolutionizing Brows with $4 Inglot Freedom Brow Powders, Essie Brand New Bag Collection: Fall 2011
7 years ago: MAC Dare to Wear Eyeshadow in Zingy, Dolce & Gabbana Sicilian Lace Caramel Lipstick: Now You See It, Now You Don’t, MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass in So Bad, Back to School Beauty: Get Blushed in a Rush with Becca Creme Blush, You Can’t Rush Perfection: Dolce & Gabbana Sicilian Lace Collection Nail Lacquer in Perfection
8 years ago: The Pink Ladies, CoverGirl LashBlast Length Mascara: Coming Soon to a Lash Line Near You, Urban Decay Fall 2009 Purple Cat Eye Face of the Day, MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics Fall 2009: What Would You Get?, Do Me, Baby
9 years ago: MAC Longwear Lustre Puts the Long in Long Lasting Lipwear, Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Body Cream: You and I Make Quite a Pear, Clarins Jazzy Colours Fall Collection: Cooler than Jazz Hands